Today, I walked 7.2kms in an hour and a half!! It's my best yet. And....and...I'm not tired!! I also had a 6lb pack on my back. OK, I was walking on pavement and the terrain was mostly flat. However, I had walked this same path three weeks ago and I had to take a break at 6kms. I was also walking with a lighter pack and was really very tired. "Say not the struggle naught availeth." In fact, I could feel my hip bones before I left and didn't think I would get very far. I also developed a foot ailment at 2kms, but pressed on. Everything worked out. I do love mornings like this.
Next time I am going to push it to 8kms.
For the most part it has been a joyous week.
1. They found a vein for a routine blood test on the second stab - always a relief.
2. I met with a friend for lunch and finally gave her her Christmas present. She in turn gave me an awesome handbag with sooo many pockets that I have still some empty.
3. Orders continue at work. This is good.
4. I finally took some ugly weeds from the garden.
5. I have tons of ripe tomatoes, which have been harvested today.
6. We had a great Civic holiday dinner with family and a family friend last Monday. My son smoked chicken legs and pork side ribs. They were delicious.
7. I am making progress on the revision of my book. Now to find a believable curse to drive the conflict of the plot.
My Joy for the Joy Jar this week has to be my 7.2 kms walk. It's been a fruitful week - all puns intended.
Have a wonderful week!!