Our writing word for a long time has been challenge. Well, I have been accepting the "take on a daily challenge" idea for a while now - maybe not everyday, but enough of them to throw out an ankle, a knee, an elbow and a shoulder - need I say more. Since April, I have -
1. Assembled 6 Ikea purchases - 2 narrow bookcases, 1 small chest of drawers, 1 desk and two head boards - oops the headboards were from Lowes.
2. Transplanted 4 rosebushes from the back of the house to the front - all have survived.
2a. Extended a soaker hose system to water the replanted rose bushes.
3. Put in 2 vegetable gardens - back and front.
4. Potted up 25 pots of various sizes with both flowers and vegetables. Did you know that Chives can look a lot like Dracaena, with some imagination - OK a lot of imagination.
5. Sanded and spray painted 12 wooden lawn ornaments - all black cats, which I designed years ago as part of an art project.
6. Installed a string of 24 outdoor lights to fancy up the deck. My apologies to the Lilac.
7. Got the bike rack on the car - with help and have had several short bike rides - well, it's been a year since I last rode.
8. Added dozens of indoor house plants to the few we had. All had to be re-potted several times, watered a lot and repositioned on a regular basis - not sure why.
I have tried to slow down with some needlework projects, but that required rummaging through boxes of old fabric, embroidery floss and other miscellany. Still I managed to -
1. Add 13 dome fasteners to 3 duvet covers to keep the duvets from falling out - just another 13 fasteners to go.
2. Repair one very worn duvet cover, which I just couldn't throw out.
3. Begin embroidery work on 2 tea towels that were screen printed, years ago, with a drawing of mine, plus a poem, that was not mine. Pictures to come.
Happy to report that two of my self-inflicted injuries have healed and the other two are on the mend. Now to tackle one remaining Ikea dresser and finish those knitting projects.
Have an awesome day!
Post a Comment