.....warmer weather is always worth writing about. We have moved from daily highs of -20ºC to +10ºC in just a few days. However, it will move back down to -10ºC in just a few hours - sigh!
Anyway, warm weather thaws the brain and gets the creative juices working. At the beginning of the thaw, I saw a post about a book on creativity - Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was thinking of buying the book to speed up the thawing out of my brain. However, I've been there before - 1. Bought self-help book. 2. Read the first three chapters. 3. Decided how it was going to end. 4. Closed the book. 5. Did a little something creative and that was it.
This time I went to Good Reads and read the reviews. Well, there was enough in there to light my creative fire, that I didn't have to actually buy the book. So, creatively, this is what I have done -
1. Started a new personal website on felting - www.feltedfibre.com.
2. Got an idea for a new product and emailed it off to a supplier.
3. Finished a book - "Galore" by Michael Crummey. The book was great, with events that could only happen in Newfoundland - the setting and author's home. (Really, as an author, I would have done a name change.)
4. Continued posting in a group I started on Facebook for our Spring Knitting retreat - Yarnover Sleepover. The magic number for engagement, I am told is 100! We're at 24 - coming along.
5. Started a new headband for our charity, the Shoebox Project. That will be 7 headbands from me, when completed.
Now if I could only continue with the book I started writing last year. I'm at 5,000 words - need another 45,000. I think I need another thaw.
The picture - I've posted it before - whenever I feel that I have seen the light.
Have a brilliant day!!