However, I'm not sure that -
1. We could find just the right 4-plex.
2. The kids would want to live there.
3. We could find the right place out of the city.
4. I would want to drive to garden.
5. We want to retire just yet.
As a result, I decided to maximize the use of our garden. There has been a patch at the back which has been neglected for years. Now is the time to make it part of the overall plan. Here is what I did.
1. Had a tree company come in and trim up the trees to allow more light into the garden.
2. Brought in loads of Triple-Mix to enhance the soil.
3. Planted vegetables along with flowers.
4. Cleaned the weeds and overgrown perennials from a few of the back corners.
5. Planted more rose bushes.
6. Transplanted, rearranged and generally tamed the original plantings.
The pictures are a result of my efforts. I've been harvesting the thinnings of the lettuce and beet greens for salads and I am anxiously awaiting produce from the tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas and cantaloup, ymmmm!!