I was nominated awhile ago for the Leibster award - an award for bloggers to help bust their "hits" and the "hits" of others that they nominate and I took so long to respond that I have been nominated again by a blogger in another group. First I would like to thank Caro Ness for the initial award and then _____ for the follow up.
The rules are:
So here are 11 things that you may not know about me.
1. In the late 60's I spent two years living in England and taking trips on the continent mainly by hitchhiking from place to place. Everyone was doing it and it seemed quite safe. For the most part it was.
2. I hate liver, but I love pate.
3. I have 3 children - all adopted. My mother was adopted and I have two adopted sister. It's genetic in the family.
4. I taught English in high school for 15 years. I also taught Theatre Arts/Drama - loved them both.
5. I am particularly fond of poetry.
6. My favourite poets are: Dylan Thomas, W.B. Yeats and Gerard Manley Hopkins.
7. I have never watched a soap opera in my life, but then I'm addicted to CSI.
8. I am an introvert, who loves parties!!
9. I have read Pukoon by Spike Milligan. I would love to know if anyone else has.
10. I actually love driving in heavy, city traffic and avoid traffic lights, so I can "force" my way into traffic from obscure side streets. It's all about keeping the adrenalin going!! I love a challenge!!
11. I have been married for 30 years and have no complaints. Now I've never asked him, if he has any complaints - I'm sure I would have heard :)
I will answer the first 11 questions from Caro, first:
1."Have you an ambition that you still want to complete.?" I would love to go on a very long walk - like the Camino. I will be practising in Cinque Terre in June this year.
2. "Which 5 famous people (dead or alive) would you choose to have dinner with in a virtual world?" This is tricky, but I would love to chat with Pierre Trudeau, Maggy Smith, Ogden Nash, Mother Teresa, Pete Seeger.
3. "What is your favourite book?" I don't read a lot and I have never read a book twice except a poetry anthology. Probably it's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats." T. S. Eliot.
4. "Do you have a phobia about anything?" As an introvert, I had trouble with public speaking. Teaching helped me overcome this. I have always had trouble phoning people and I am particularly bad at meeting people for business.
5. "If you could choose to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?" It would be somewhere warm and sunny. I have never been to Indonesia, so maybe someplace there. I would have to do the research. Someplace interesting, like an artists' community - nothing too commercial.
6. "If I could wave a magic wand and grant you a wish what would it be?" That my kids turn out alright and lead happy successful lives!!
7. "If you could be the hero of a book or film, which would it be and who would you be?" I would be Judy Dench in the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
8. "What is your favourite smell and why?" This is difficult. I love the smell of a florist's shop. My mother owned one and I did as well. As crazy as it is. I could work in one every Mother's Day!
9. "What is your favourite meal to cook and eat?" Probably pasta with clams!!
10. "What is your favourite colour?" Red - though I don't have enough of it on myself or in my home.
11. "Favourite Quotation." The more things change, the more they remain the same."