1. The sky was grey - the pale grey that designers paint on walls and call it cool. It was cool alright. In fact, it was freezing!!
2. It was raining too. Those lovely white drifts of snow were now just slightly lighter than the sky - the palest of pale greys.
3. The trees were a very dark grey - not actually black, but close.
4. The birds were grey - Juncos. There was not a cardinal to be seen.
5. The squirrels, once black, were moulting to grey.
6. Every structure on the landscape, regardless of its original colour, was covered in a slick of grey ice. Everything was a muted requiem of grey. Thomas Hardy, where are you?
Next post - in search of angels!!
The picture? I didn't render it a black and white shot. This is full colour. Do you see what I mean about grey?
Have a colourful day!!
Post a Comment