In researching information for the post, I happened to find a site that lists all of the characters who were ever "named" in Peanuts, in case you were wondering. Here's the site, Meet the Gang. It's part of the site, FiveCentsPlease.org.
On this site you will also find answers for FAQ questions about the comic strip, such as, "What was Charlie Brown's teacher's name?" and so on.
I also happened to find a site that listed 20 memorable quotations from Peanuts. Here are the 10 that I liked the best. You may want to check out the site. The cartoons add an amazing dimension!!
1. Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.
2. I have a new philosophy. I am only going to dread one day at a time.
3. I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.
4. I think I've discovered the secret of life - you hang around until you get used to it.
5. It doesn't matter what you believe, just so long as you're sincere.
|Not exactly a 10 speed.|
6. Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we haven't used.
7. My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?
8. Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, "where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more then one night."
9. The secret to life....replace one worry with another.
10. Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.
And "ain't it the truth." How many times have we just been cleared of one worry, only to find another on the doorstep. Or by just hanging around, we begin to be accepted or to accept the "things," we can't change. It is also very true, that there are times when things seem never to change or improve. Often we feel that we will be forever stuck in those "dog days." My favourite, though, is #6. I have ridden a 10 speed bicycle for years and I literally have only used 5 of the 10 gears. This may be one of my problems :)
I also hate to say it, but my favourite character from the strip is Lucy. Who is your favourite character?
The picture? Some days I feel as though I'm just triking along :)
Have a wonderful day.