1. The name, Cox's Orange Pippin', popped into my head. I thought, OK, I can write a post on apples. A quick wikipedia search told me that there are over 7,500 varieties of apples. That should keep me going for a while.
2. Then Mental Floss posted that it was National Play Doh Day and listed 10 fun facts about Play Doh. I love Play Doh and the facts were very interesting.
3. Mental Floss also posted a piece about Agatha Christie on her birthday and since I am about to start Murder at the Vicarage, I was tempted to write a bit about her or about the difference between the terms vicarage, manse, parsonage etc. Well, if you really try, you could make it interesting.
|Idea generator maybe?|
4. Then Cracked.com posted a blog on 6 ways your brain can malfunction, including Fregoli Syndrome and a few others. I checked it out and I don't think that I have had of them as yet!!
5. Next there was the article in the paper about a new book Why Having Too Little Means So Much by Prof. Eldar Shafir and Sendhil Mullainathan. It documents the results of a study of poverty and its strain on the brain.
6. I haven't even touched the proposed new legislation in Quebec that will ban the wearing of garments and jewellery with obvious religious connections.
7. Finally there's a new photo scavenger hunt starting today over at the I love Photography page on FB. I do find that taking a picture and writing about it generates some interesting blog posts. I've written 256 posts so far this year. I'm just about 2 or 3 behind in meeting the blog-a-day challenge. I will catch up!!
Actually I'm leaning towards #3, because I once called a vicarage, a manse and was "called up" about it. In certain areas, it's important to know the subtle differences in their nomenclature.
Have an amazing day!!