Now I like challenges - they are right up there with lists and wait this is a challenge in list form - gotta love it!! Apparently it takes 30 days of doing something to make it a habit. This I can attest to. (To this I can attest.) I entered a 30 day blogging challenge a few years ago and have built that habit up to a blog a day so far - yes it is part of a blog-a-day challenge for 2013, but I'm on track. I'm just behind three posts and that's because of wifi connections, not the impetus to post.
So what do I do now? Well there are a few habits that I would like to acquire and some are on this list. Now they suggest that you do just one or two - NOT ALL 30 - or you are sure to fail. There is actually a website were you can keep track and maybe interact with others. Here is the site through stumble upon. It's actually called highexistence.com - that's a challenge in itself!! Here is the list graded with the degree of difficulty.
|Cosmos of the floral kind :)|
1. Write an I-Like-This-About-You note/text/email each day for someone
2. Talk to one stranger each day
3. Take one picture each day
This one gets harder nearing the end of the challenge because at one point you will run out of the easy shots. This one is great to combine with other challenges, a great way to make a photo diary!
I take a lot of pictures anyway, so I am shelving this one for the moment.
4. Re-evaluate one long-held belief each day
5. Take a 30 minute walk each day
6. Take a moment each day to practice self compassion and self-love
7. Try a new recipe each day
8. Refrain from alcohol and other drugs for 30 days in a row!
9. Write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days
10. Learn how to draw a human face in 30 days
I'll post the other 20 in two separate posts today. That will also get me out from behind in my blogging challenge.
Have a cosmic day!!