I had my bucket list:
1. Hitch through Europe - I left Canada after a few years of teaching to spend two years on the continent, living from time to time like a nomadic free spirit, going where the wind took me. I have never regretted it.
2. I returned to teaching, married, bought a house and settled down.
3. Determined to raise children, we adopted three!!! That journey has been wonderful.
4. I was determined to have my own business in a field that I enjoyed. I have had a few businesses - all enjoyable.
5. I have a few things left on the list and I am determined to realize them. One is being a published author. This is one of the reasons I blog daily.
The post that I was reading suggested other headings you could respond to with one word, for example:
|Rug Bag from Istambul|
a. Your body and their suggestion was "shapely." My answer is yes, if you like blocks.
b. Your cooking, again their word was "interesting." Mine would be more eclectic or re-purposed - I do a lot with leftovers.
c. Your career - the suggestion was challenging - that might be an understatement - how about "life-threatening."
d. Your hobby - enjoyable - nice but I think that, if you have a pastime, you should really be passionate about it, unless you have made it your career and you now need to escape into a hobby, which may be just a way of taking your mind off your full-time passion - still with me?
e. Your style - colour was their suggestion. OK my car is red. I like bright colours, but my style right now is tending to minimalism, except where my garden is concerned.
f. Your blog - heartfelt. It's not the word that I would actually use. Although I am committed to writing, I like to comment on the randomness of life - the eclectic and the idiosyncratic!! How about "warmly insane." :)
g. Your house - maximized - there is not an inch of free space and I de-clutter regularly. Five people and friends live in a three bedroom inner city home...and did I mention the three cats!!
|Rug Bag Souvenir|
The pictures are of one of the souvenirs that I still have from my days as a nomad in Europe.
Have a wonderful day!!
Determined may be a fact, but just like with dual meanings- determined does not mean your life is now fully defined. Determine it differently.ReplyDelete
Enjoyed your post today. I'll have to go and check out that site.ReplyDelete