Friday was a beautiful sunny day - almost warm and
1. I have started my next chapter of "getting things together" by buying an apple. I read in the paper that a study in bone density for woman accidently showed that woman who ate 75g of dried apple slices a day had a 23% drop in bad cholesterol and a 4% increase in good cholesterol.
These numbers are amazing, so I am planning to eat apples and get off drugs for cholesterol. Plus there are other added benefits to eating apples!!! This article was a lucky read!
2. My daughter arrived home safe and sound from university on Saturday, so we now have a full house - 3 cats, 3 children - 2 adults and a friend of the eldest who has been here since Wednesday - all making their own snacks at all hours of the day and night. Luckily I have been able to knit and sleep through it all!
3. Fortunately I had a lot of things to "do" on Saturday, because it rained all day, the computer decided NOT to turn on when I pressed the button and the youngest said that he had given his old laptop to a girlfriend two years ago. The girlfriend is no longer around and neither is our back-up computer - off to Staples tomorrow to try and get the desk top repaired!!
4. Luckily, I could bring my laptop back from the office to use and it actually had picked up a nasty virus, so the youngest could redeem himself by spending two hours erasing the "bug" - That was fortunate :)
5. Dinner for both Friday & Saturday was bought in - Friday - Cannelloni from the supermarket and Saturday BBQ'd chicken Portuguese style from Churrasco's. Sadly I will have to cook on Sunday!
Hope you have a great weekend!!