It's Saturday so that is lucky in itself; but also.....
1. Today I learned the term Festina Lente - make haste slowly, so fortunately I was able to post to the FB group that has challenged members of the group to try to learn something new everyday. I also answered my friend who posted it with "tempus fugit" - time flies.
2. Fortunately, also, the weather held and I could do my three mile walk.
3. It snowed in the evening and freshened up the old stuff. Fresh snow is always pretty, unless it's in April or May - not there yet!
4. I just felt like watching a movie and luckily we had one available. It was a little old - "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" - I read the book years ago while on holiday in Hilton Head - near Savannah. - but it was so nice to see sun and people wearing summer clothes - very enjoyable!
5. Fortunately my husband was able to book a table for lunch tomorrow at an Indian restaurant that is part of "Winterlicious." This is a two-week event which a group started a few years agao to deal with a down time in the restaurant industry. Restaurants that are part of Winterlicious offer a 3 course, fixed price, menu at $25.00, $30.00 or $35.00. It has really caught on - so much so that it is really difficult to get bookings even for lunch. It's an amazing marketing idea that has turned an otherwise dismal time into a real crowd pleaser! Now if I could only do that with yarn in the summer!
Not bad for early February and I will cash in my winning lottery ticket ($20.00) tomorrow!