Lucky groundhog Day.....
1. I can dream lucky and believe that because the groundhog didn't see his shadow, we will have just two more weeks of winter - wake me when it's over!
2. Fortunately, I was able to get to the bank today, in spite of the snow, and in the Random Acts of Kindness category, (February is Random Acts of Kindness Month) the receptionist at the bank saw me in line and brought over the cheques that I had ordered, so I didn't have to go through another line up! Very lucky!
3. I didn't pay for parking and luckily I didn't get a ticket - the snow was just too high to climb over, and yesterday the machine was broken anyway. I'll pay twice the next time!
4. Fortunately, also a few years ago we handed the task of doing laundry over to the then 16-year-old. He's the fashion plate in the house and rather than have him complain about not having clothes washed, it suddenly became his resposibility to have them washed! He's a little erratic - but the laundry is done!
5. Also luckily the neighbour who decided to shovel his walk at 4:30am yesterday, decided to sleep in today and so could we! Sounds of the city.
Things will be picking up from now on - The year of the Rabbit starts tomorrow!!