It's Saturday and a lovely bright and sunny day, though a little cold; but my luck today was....
1. Fortunately, the ladder was in the house and not frozen outside somewhere, because that meant that I could wash the bathroom ceiling - what a lucky break :)
2. The Globe had a little article and a big picture on Agata Oleksiak, a crochet artist that I could post about (about whom I could post).
3. I was in the mood for a bit of knitting so I now have just 127 stitches left to go, as far as knitting on the border of Sagittarius is concerned and then I'm done!
4. Did a three-mile walk late in the day and it was still light at the end!
5. The 18-year-old's report card came in and you have to know that this is a child who didn't really complete elementary school and was going to be slotted into a program in high school that would pack 30 or more students into a class, all of whom couldn't care less about any sort of achievement, and worse, most of them would, out of boredom, act out, get into trouble and well, you know the story..... We decided 4 years ago to go into debt and put him in a private school. The mid-term report that came in today means that he will apply to colleges and universities with an 80% average. This is good. But the best is still to come....
6. Because he has to submit several written essays for the programs that he wants to pursue, radio and television arts, he had been researching Marshall McLuhan. To night we had, as I said to my husband, the $75,000.00 conversation. He was discussing the internet as the Global Village and had identified the medium as giving out the message that we are all equal (the internet began that way) and we all want to connect personally, and instantly in an amazingly exciting way and...as he went on.."this is so cool... the more I think about it, the more I want to learn, McLuhan gives me one idea and I get a ton more, that I want to explore..." Enough said.
It was a great day!
I am eternally grateful that we could intervene early. We couldn't have done it with all three; but we had to do it with this one. Deo gratius!