It's Wednesday - mid-week hump day. Let's see how lucky we are at getting over the "hump."
1. Luckily, I got out of my parking spot again today, in spite of the fact that we had freezing rain last night, my car door was frozen, the six inches of snow on the roof of my car had slid down to the windshield and was frozen solid. I just chipped away; put her in reverse and floored it! Some things just feel right!
2. I didn't slip and slide too much on the back streets driving to work - it was just too slippery to walk. There is always something fortunate about sliding through an intersection when no one else is there!
3. I am so lucky that Robyn Gallimore of Red Bird Knits sent me this link to the Bad Astronomy blog via Facebook. It's a discussion of the Orion Nebula, which appears as a star near Orion's famous belt. I love the constellation, Orion. I always look for it in the south sky in March, as a sign of Spring! We have to feel very fortunate when we look at ourselves as part of the larger picture - all this and we are part of - amazing!!!
4. I fortunately saw another sign of Spring this morning. Four or five very plump Robins were pecking at crumbs on a front lawn. Now I have probably read somewhere, that some robins don't actually migrate south for winter; but I am going to pretend that this is another sign of Spring - and it's only Jan 19.
5. Red Birds Knits was on a roll today. (Not directly related to the birds above, but her first name is Robyn) She posted that Sweater Day is February 17. This is something that was started by the World Wild Life Fund. The idea is to turn down your heating a few notches and wear a crazy sweater on February 17. They are actually turning this into an event! Well, I had to post a comment to their site; but I thought why not offer a free pattern - why not - you just have to write up the pattern - lucky I wasn't busy today! So now there is a free basic pullover on the Infiknit site. All you have to do is turn down your heating on Feb 17 and tell all your friends about it and knit several crazy sweaters for all of them before the 17 of Feb. :)
6. Lynette Meek of Le Tissier Designs called today from Nanaimo. She is in the final stages of getting ready for Vogue Knitting LIVE in NY. I can't believe that she flies out Friday morning. Remember she is the only Canadian finalist in the show. Got my fingers crossed. I am so enjoying her "luck" in this!
Not bad for the "hump." There's just Thursday and then "lucky" Friday before the weekend!!!