To-day could be a challenge. The newspaper said that it was "Blue Monday," which means that it is generally a depressing day for almost everyone, because the holiday bills have come in; it's cold and snowy; we've failed in our New Year's resolutions; we need vitamin D; the list goes on..... So I guess that I'll have to crank up the volume today!!!
1. Fortunately they had my favourite treat at the Second Cup this morning - orange cranberry scone. They don't always have it in and it's all I ever buy. This is good and it's only 11:20am.
2. Got out of my parking spot again to-day. My husband needed a push from a neighbour; but I did it, first shot!
3. Luckily the cat has forgiven me for stepping on him this evening - well black cat on a navy carpet in a darkened room. Cat treats work!
4. One of winter's positive sides is food that requires slow cooking. I could become addicted to stews, tagines, cassoulets. Knitting is not an addiction, it is the therapy we use to deal with addictions :) I'm lucky we had time to make up a few dishes on Sunday to eat all week!
5. Two Christmas cards sent by my sister-in-law in Edinburgh arrived - They were postmarked in time - just got sidelined I guess. I'm lucky that they arrived at all.
6. Sivia Harding posted to my Facebook this quote from Martin Luther King:
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
It was a lovely reminder that there is a higher order and there are great people striving to elevate us all! There are days when I need these reminders - Blue Monday was one of them and I'm lucky that this day comes just once a year!
Post a Comment